Here’s Rose wearing the jumper that took nearly three times as long as it should have to finish after I cut into the lining by mistake and had to repair it. I did finish it last Friday, but didn’t get photos until today (which must be a record–usually I get photos right away) because since this coordinates with one I made for Mabel, I wanted photos of the girls together, which turned out to be as easy as pulling teeth. (Is pulling teeth so very difficult? I do know, from listening to Dean’s endless negotiations with my kids when they have loose teeth, that trying to talk a kid into letting you give the final yank to a loose tooth is very difficult.)
I still don’t have photos of Mabel and Rose in their jumpers together (but have been promised the chance for them this afternoon after school, so expect more photos later) but I did manage to snap these of Rose this morning while Mabel complained about how I was taking too many, and it was taking too long, and I could only take ONE more, and it was time for them to leave, and I was making them late for school. (It was not yet time to leave, and they were not late for school.)
The jumper is from Ottobre 1/2007, design 19. I adapted the pattern to look like design 35 from 03/2008. I would have just used the same pattern, but it turned out not to go down to Rose’s size, even though the girls are just 2 Ottobre sizes apart.
(P.S. For what it’s worth, I just discovered that the “ZoomBrowserEX” software that comes with a Canon PowerShot has a better red-eye correction tool than the one in Picasa. And since I use IrfanView to crop and resize, that means I used three photo programs in editing these snapshots. Even without using Photoshop. My brother says I need to get LightRoom. But maybe first I need a fancy DSLR like all the cool bloggers have. And then some photography skills. But probably I just need nap.)