Here’s the blouse I started sewing for Mother’s Day and finished a couple of weeks after that. I got the linen on clearance a few years ago at Stonemountain and Daughter fabrics, and the blouse is interlined with bemberg rayon. The sewing on this is impeccable, if I do say so myself. The fit is not so perfect, and I’m not even really sure how to fix it next time. I used Wild Ginger’s Pattern Master software and it’s probably time I made a new fitting shell to get all my measurements just right. I love being able to design and print custom patterns at home, but there’s lots of opportunity for error both in getting measurements wrong and in making poor design choices. Anyway, the blouse was fun to sew, and it’s wearable (although it might not turn out to be a favorite).
It’s interesting to me how there’s not always as strong correlation as I would think between whether something’s fun to sew and how well it turns out. I guess the fact that the sewing itself did turn out well is part of what made this one fun, but it was also fun for the chance to concentrate on a project that didn’t involve caring for my adorable children.