I’ve been feeling like giving up on this blog, because I’d like to move it to a self-hosted site and redesign my template, and also I’m feeling sheepish that my sidebar family photos are more than a year old, but I don’t feel like updating them, partly because I don’t have a newer family photo (not that I had a real family photo even then) and what is wrong with me that I don’t ever just get photos taken of my family, anyway? Also I should probably back up my blog and I don’t know how and don’t feel like I have time to learn, and it’s all just too much and I should just quit.
But then I came back to my senses and reminded myself of all the wisdom I’ve acquired over the past couple years of blog-writing, which I will now generously share with you:
Zina’s sage advice* on keeping a blog going even if you have a real life
1. Keep up the old sidebar photos. People want to remember what your family looked like in 2009.
2. A banner with bunnies playing instruments is perfect for any season.
3. Don’t try to say anything important or thoughtful or substantial.
4. When a stupid thought pops into your head, hurry and blog about it. Don’t stop to think about whether it is worth sharing or even makes sense.
5. Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, bunnies
*I can also offer parsley advice, rosemary advice, and thyme advice, if you want it.