We had a nice set of big magnetic alphabet letters when Ike was little, but after many of them got lost I got rid of them. I’ve had my eye out for a new set, but the ones I’ve seen have either been really junky with choking-sized pieces, or quite expensive. Finally it occurred to me that I could use the sheet magnet cartridge of my Xyron machine to make my own.
I probably didn’t choose the best font for these, and they weren’t dirt-cheap since the sheet magnet is expensive, and the kids have already lost a couple of letters, and we have to use them on the side of our oven because the front of our fridge is stainless, but, oh well. It was a fun little project.
Update: Remind me never to try to get work as a salesperson, because if THERE IS ANY TEENY LITTLE THING WRONG WITH SOMETHING, I will let you know. If there is more than one teeny little thing wrong, I will also let you know. Far be it from me to make some crazy-dishonest statement such as “I made these cute alphabet magnets and they are cute and there is NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH THEM and none of them are lost!” (Although, in fact, we did find the missing ones, so for just this moment it’s true that none of them are lost. But if any were, I WOULD TELL YOU.)